Monday, November 3, 2008

Ultrasounds coming!

I'm going in for an ultrasound on Thursday and get to take a sneak peek of this little baby! I will be 18 weeks and should be able to find out the gender of our baby! I am so excited, we would love either a boy or a girl! I would like a boy just because 2 boys have been born in our families in the past month and that would be fun. But, I would like a girl because I'm used to doing girl stuff and have everything for girls, not to mention a little scared of the unknown boy stuff (like surprise pee-pee attacks during diaper changes).

My big ultrasound will be Nov. 20 when I am actually 20 weeks. That will be an extensive/high-risk one to check for problems like the ones Mantha had. We also will be getting genetic testing that day to see the percentage of her problems being repeated. (Since what she had is so rare, they could not determine if it was a genetic problem or just a fluke pregnancy problem, during genetic testing they may be able to give us a better idea.) They are being very watchful of this little one just in case, which is good, but makes me nervous that something is going to go wrong.

Vote for your pick boy/girl on the left side. :)

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I'll hope for a girl. I love having two little girls, they are so fun together and it is so much fun!!

Doug and Shayla said...

Hmm...I'm guessing boy. :)

Mindy and Marty said...

What !? you have 2 mindy friends?! i thought i'd already left a message, but it wasn't me... anywho.. i want you to have twins!!!! let me know when you find out news! miss you guys!!!!!!