Friday, February 1, 2008

Nebulizer

Sorry I haven't posted for such a long time! Our camera broke right after Christmas and it took us a while to get another one....ya know that silly money stuff.
Samantha was also sick for like 3 weeks in January. I just thought it was normal cold stuff that kids get at this time of year. When I took her in to her 18 month well visit her doctor said she had a very bad ear infection and her lungs sounded very bad. She had Mantha do a treatment there in the office to see if it would help her lungs (which took 15 minutes and Mantha SCREAMED and KICKED the entire time.....I was sweating after the longest 15 minutes of my life.) Anyway, it did help her lungs so she sent us home with antibiotics and a prescription for a nebulizer to continue the treatments at home 3x/day.
Samantha soon got used to it and if she watched a movie during treatments she was very calm, I think she could feel that they helped her breathe better.
Meanwhile we started her antibiotics and predictably they gave her diarrhea, so we added some aniti-D meds while the doctors hoped that she was absorbing the antibiotics.
Can I just say that I love our pediatrician Marcie Conner in AF. She watches Mantha so close and when something happens like this, even though it might not be a big deal for most kids, she calls almost nightly from her home to check on us. It has saved Mantha's life before and she catches things that others would miss.

1 comment:

Doug and Shayla said...

I'm sorry to hear she's been sick. She is such a little sweetheart and such a wonderful miracle. We miss you guys! Let's play.