Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Mantha's sleeping pill

Benj had to work 24/7 this weekend and I took Mantha up to my parents to get out of his way. We made a beautiful quilt in less than 24 hours (from buying fabric to quilting) for my cousin (Jevonne McDonald's) wedding shower. Elisa quilted it on her new quilting machine. (I will post a picture soon.)
The first night we were in Farmington I put Mantha on my Dad's lap when he got home from work so I could cut fabric out with my Mom, and before we knew it she was sound asleep! The next two nights she climbed up on his lap while he watched some sporting event and stayed there until she was asleep. My Dad was so proud, he called himself Mantha's "sleeping pill". He was concerned when I left about me being able to put her to sleep without him. I told him he would just have to come live at my house for the next few years. He sure enjoys his grandkids and is so good with them. My Mom says that he always scares them at first and then they get used to his weirdness, and remember when they see him 'oh, Grandpa is just weird'. She sure loves him.



2 comments:

Mindy and Marty said...

I LOVE your dad and all his weirdness...he is SO great with kids and it does take a time or two to get used to him...ha Those are pricless pictures though with him and Mantha...and way to go on the quilt...just banged it out eh? You guys are so good at that, and Elisa has a QUILTING MACHINE! I need to get with it in the homemaking world..........

cheeks said...

those pics are awesome! I was going to write priceless, then i read mindy's comment...way to go mindy! ha ha

She loves her grandpa!