Wednesday, June 4, 2008

REDO

Her eye surgery that she had a few months ago DID NOT WORK! :( This Friday we are headed up to Primary to try it again. They put a wire down and stretched it out with a balloon last time, so this time they are going to 'up the stakes' and put stints in (little tubes that will keep the ducts open). The stints will stay in for a few months and then we can take them out in the doctor's office, no sedation is needed to take them out. Yea.

This surgery will be pretty similar to the last one so I know what to expect. I am sending Ben to work and having my Mom come with me to the hospital. (He has missed more work than he has been to since he started his new job, and we are going to Indiana for a week this month too, so I feel guilty about him missing so much and I will be fine if my Mom is there.)

So, just like last time the hardest part will be sedation-both the night before issues (having a short-gut kid go without food for 12 hours is HARD) and coming out of sedation-just the groggyness and such. This time she won't be able to rub her eyes because we don't want the tubes to come out, and that will be hard, cause they bleed a lot and they hurt.

We are also having insurance issues! So, there is a possibility that we will have to reschedule, but it will take months to get an OR slot again, so I really don't want to do that!
Wish us luck!

No comments: